Watercraft & Boat Insurance
Watercraft & Boat Insurance Information
Protect Your Vessel With Watercraft and Boat Insurance in Northern Virginia
Boats and personal watercraft are big purchases, but if you love being on the water, you know they’re worth it. All About Insurance Agency can help you protect your vessel in the way you want — And your agent can help and provide information on discounts as you customize your coverage.
Get A Quote Today!
Watercraft & Boat Insurance – Why You Need It
Why do you need insurance for your boat or personal watercraft in Northern Virginia? A main reason is that you'll enjoy the water even more when you're not worried about the safety of yourself, your passengers or your investment. Whether you’re in Woodbridge, Burke, Lorton, Falls Church, or anywhere in Northern Virginia, here are a few things to consider:
· If you're in an accident or your watercraft is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
· If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
· If your watercraft is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
· Your watercraft also needs protection when it's on land. Accidents can happen while towing a watercraft.
Questions to Ask Your Northern Virginia Boat and Watercraft Insurance Agent
Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
· How much can you afford to pay if your boat or personal watercraft is in an accident, damaged or stolen?
· Is my boat or watercraft covered for use year-round?
· What discounts and programs are available?
· How much medical insurance and liability coverage is enough?
· Do I have coverage if I need to have my boat towed in an emergency?
· What's the process for filing and settling a claim?
· Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?
How Much Boat and Watercraft Coverage Do You Need?
Home and auto insurance policies may provide limited coverage for personal watercraft. Talk to your insurance representative about coverage limits. You may want to consider purchasing a personal watercraft policy to protect yourself and your water vehicle in the event of an accident.
The personal watercraft policy covers:
· bodily injury
· property damage
· guest passenger liability
· medical payments
Liability limits start at $15,000 and can be increased to $300,000. Typical policies include deductibles of $250 for property damage, $500 for theft and $1,000 for medical payments. Additional coverage can also be purchased for trailers and other accessories.
Do you need insurance for your boat or personal watercraft? Talk to your All About Insurance Agency representative about the type of coverage that would best suit your needs.